Psychological therapy or counselling can be useful in several areas. Dr. Jawed's treatment specializations include the management of clinical and non-clinical disorders.
Research suggets that in cases where medication is required, a combination of medication and therapy brings forth optimal results. Even in cases where medication is not required, psychological counselling can often provide you with psychological support and a forum to air your most worrying concerns without fear of judgment.
Dr. Jawed's treatment specializations include the following areas for adults:
- Mood disorders such as major depression and bipolar disorder, anxiety, posttraumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia and other disorders involving psychoses
- Personality disorders
- Stress, coping, and resilience
- Divorce/separation/relationship concerns (Individual counselling)
- Family violence (Individual counselling)
- Adapting to life changes and transitions
- Grief, trauma, and loss
- Physical, emotional, and sexual abuse
- Pain management
- Survivors of crime
- Management of anger
- Women's issues
- Workplace trauma, conflict, bullying, and burnout
- Compulsive behaviors
- Fitness to work
- Employee well being
- Authorized provider for Veterans Affairs, RCMP, and DND members (through Blue Cross)
- Authorized WCB provider
- Authorized psychological provider for the Non-insured health benefits program for First Nations people and Inuit
If your concern is not presented above, please inquire further with Dr. Jawed.