Patients with mental health concerns bring unique issues to your practice.
Dr. Naheed Jawed would be pleased to provide consultation services to you,
so that you may serve the best interests of your patients. As well, Dr.
Jawed provides psychological assessment and
counselling services and accepts referrals for clients
from physicians and other healthcare professionals. Dr. Jawed's approach
involves interdisciplinary collaboration and as long as a client provides
consent for sharing of information, she will be glad to inform your
Dr. Jawed's assessment expertise can assist your patients in the following areas:
- Learning disability and ADHD assessments for children and adults as well as Gifted placement assessments for children.
- Diagnostic formulation to assist with treatment, medication management, and adjunctive avenues for treatment. Such assessments may be especially useful in the identification and management of complex psychological disorders such as mood disorders, Bipolar disorder, PTSD, or compulsive behavior disorders.
- Assessment for mental capacity to make personal and financial decisions (guardianship and trusteeship decisions).
- Cognitive/intellectual assessments for patients applying for AISH/PDD.
- Assessments for psychological fitness to be at work, useful in supplementing treatment decisions, especially as they relate to timelines for return to work.
- Assessments related to compulsive behaviors, useful for assessing the severity of behavior, identifying treatment options, and influencing medication management decisions.
Dr. Jawed's treatment expertise ranges from the management of clinical disorders to reactive adjustment life issues. Treatment areas include a focus on mood disorders, psychotic disorders, compulsive behaviors, personality disorders, stress management, trauma, conflict, and loss, among other issues.
Please review the tab "Services Provided" for further information on the utility of psychological assessments and counselling in your practice.
In order to send a referral, please complete the following referral form or please contact Dr. Jawed through e-mail, by phone, or through the contact page.